This is the Tuna Tartare that Hubby made during my In law’s Birthday dinner we had last weekend. We almost always order tuna tartare whenever we eat out, it’s just so good! I get that not everybody will get this dish right away, especially since it is still “raw” fish after all. Lucky for me, Hubby was able to turn me on to tuna tartare goodness:-)
Here’s the recipe: Tuna Tartare (Chef Stefan Richter)
For the sauce:
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sweet chile sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 tablespoons siracha
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons coconut milk
1 tablespoon chopped lemongrass
1 tablespoon minced and peeled ginger
1 tablespoon Thai curry paste
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
For the tartare:
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 lb. raw sushi-grade tuna
Chopped cilantro and sesame seeds, to taste
- To make the sauce: combine all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan. Stir well. Heat over high heat until sauce comes to a boil.
- Transfer the sauce to a food processor or blender and carefully blend.
- Pour into a bowl that is set over an ice water bath. Let cool.
- Once the sauce is cool, mix 2 tablespoons of the sauce with the 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- Cut the avocado and the tuna into uniform 1/2-inch squares.
- Carefully fold the tuna, avocado, and sauce together. Mix in the chopped cilantro and sesame seeds. Stir and serve.