Ultra Rich Caramelized Filipino Pork Adobo
Another Adobo dish that I prepared last week. I really liked the result of this one. Normally I don’t use brown sugar to caramelize the pork, I just brown the meat and then add all of the basic adobo ingredients. I could have adobo at least once a week, so comforting and reminds me so much of home. The only thing I don’t like when I make adobo is that I end up eating way too much rice:(
Ultra Rich Caramelized Filipino Pork Adobo (www.pepper.ph)
makes 4-6 servings
1 kg Pork cubes
1/2 cup Soy sauce
1/2 cup Vinegar
1/2 cup whole garlic cloves
- Marinade pork in soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, bay leaf and pepper for 30 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in pan on high flame.
- Saute pork and add the brown sugar.
- Brown pork, or wait until sugar caramelizes.
- Add in remaining marinade and water. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat and simmer until tender (about 40-60 minutes).
- Sauce should have a syrup-like consistency.