Chicken Cacciatore with Cremini mushrooms
I was looking for a simple and healthy recipe online,and this caught my attention from wholeliving.com. I had all of the ingredients needed and was not really up for a complicated dish last night since I would rather watch the NBA playoffs. The recipe calls for a slow cooker, but I just used my Le Crueset and the stove top and cooked the chicken for an hour. I prepared mashed potatoes to go with the dish.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 10 pieces, skin removed
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole peeled plum tomatoes in juice, drained, and broken up
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, stir together chicken, mushrooms, tomatoes, flour, wine, celery, onion, rosemary, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.2.Cover; cook on high setting until meat is tender, 4 hours. Do not lift the cover of the slow cooker while cooking. To serve, discard rosemary sprig.