Another quick stir fry recipe I cooked last week ( Recipe from The Everyday Chinese Cookbook)
1lb. rump steak
2 tbsp. sesame seeds
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp vegetable oil
4 oz. mushrooms,quartered
1 large green peppers,seeded,cut into strips
4 spring onions,chopped diagonally
boiled rice,to serve
For the Marinade:
2 tsp cornflour
2 tbsp chinese rice wine or dry sherry
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 in fresh root ginger grated, 1 garlic clove,crushed
few drops of tabasco sauce
1. Trim the steak and cut into thin strips.
2. Make the marinade. In a bowl, blend the cornflour with the rice wine,then stir in the lemon juice,soy sauce,tabasco sauce,ginger and garlic. Stir in the steak strips,cover and leave in a cool place for 3-4 hours.
3. Place the sesame seeds in a wok or large frying pan and dry fry over a moderate heat, shaking the pan,until the seeds are golden. Set aside.
4. Heat the sesame and vegetable oils in the wok or frying pan. Drain the steak, reserving the marinade, and stir fry a few pieces at a time until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon.
5. Add the mushrooms and green pepper and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the spring onions and cook for 1 minute more.
6. Return the steak to the wok or frying pan, together with the reserved marinade, and stir over a moderate heat for a further 2 minutes until the ingredients are evenly coated with glaze. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and serve immediately with boiled rice.